Discussion in 'Solar' started by Norse, Oct 28, 2013.
So it looks like they have 10 days to make a deal for those shares...
Yep, nothing ever simple, that's for sure. I sure hope you are right.
You are correct. Now we wait.
I assume these funds can agree to get a higher price to dispose their shares and let the buyout go through, while we only get 7.55 (minus fees).
Bingo, that is the easiest negotiation and the first option. The hedge funds only bought the shares recently so if they can get a few bucks higher now from JASO management that is a great trade on an annualized basis. This then lets the deal go through at the 7.55 price that would be the cheapest route for JASO management since they only pay a higher price for a bit over 10% of the shares, not every share outstanding. I doubt JASO management saw this coming though, when a Chinese company issues ADRs sometimes it takes them too far from home.
Can they actually do that i.e. provide a different (higher) buyout price for a small subset of investors? No SEC violations?
All they will be doing is buy their 10% shares at whatever price. I doubt that's illegal.
Chinese stocks having a tough day. I bought some U.S. semiconductor shares this morning.
Ugh! Thought I was being so smart selling my WTW after a huge day, expecting a market pullback, and buying JASO being guaranteed 15 cents. Man did that backfire. WTW is up $2.50 since I sold and JASO is down 5 cents and no idea how long this process will take.
NAZ has been very strong for weeks now versus the S&P and DOW...the wall street criminals must think is going to the moon...
DQ filed their 20F today -
Showing remarkable growth over the last 5 years ... Poly production & sales vol went up by 400+% while Rev/EPS up from 109M/-10.25 to 352M/8.50.
Lots of other interesting details included as well in a good read ... https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1477641/000114420418015103/tv487733_20f.htm
Wonder what next 5 years hold for the firm? Maybe a 75-80MT capacity and 10% market share by 2022!
anybody following ENPH?
been on a crazy run up!
I wish I never sold a single share of ENPH.... bought near the bottom (average below 80c) and sold everything at $2...
JASO seems to be getting no support now and well below the offer. You have to wonder if that previous run-up above the offer was the hedge fund making sure they got their 10% ownership before the deal was supposed to close. My guess is the hedge fund will do pretty well on this deal. Its just awful how this whole deal was delayed and now a little more grief for the shareholders as they wait some more.
I don't get it. I thought buying jaso after the deal was final was a good move, guaranteed 7.55. Terrible decision. I am down 8k on it and would have been up another 10k on wtw if I didn't sell it. Net 18k difference in a week. Why is jaso at 7 is the question. Makes no sense.
Well the solar sector as a whole seems to be on a little recovery today so hopefully we have largely bottomed. Oil has spiked today and you have to wonder if that isnt somehow related to Putin and the ongoing tensions around US election interference and nerve agents in Britain. It wouldn't surprise me if Europe gets back on their programs to get off Russian energy. Putin is just an out of control megalomaniac and needs to be put in his place. With China going back to a dictatorship you can be sure Putin is keener than ever to stay on and will use all the manipulative tricks he can to maintain power (and that includes keeping oil prices high).
Option expiration today. Look at the $7 calls. Plus a 10% discount that the buyout does not go through because the CEO will not pay the extortion fee to the 10% wall street bullies. Either way there was plenty of time to get out in the 7.30s even after the vote and finding out that 2 a-holes are holding up the company for ransom.
There was time and I was thinking about it but decided not to do it, unfortunately. Thought it would finalize soon and I would get my 7.55-fees. Still might.
10 business days from Monday is next friday/following Monday. So we should know by then. However I have to say that the longer it goes the more likely it is that they are not coming to some agreement. And both parties are greedy POS in their own way.
Forest do you think that brief run up in price above the buyout offer about a month ago was related to the hedge funds getting the last of their 10%?
Separate names with a comma.