1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short-Term trading thread

Discussion in 'Solar' started by Norse, Oct 28, 2013.

1. 8thdimension

8thdimension Well-Known Member

I think it is worse than Jaso as they have 2x the shares outstanding with little earnings power.
  2. forestg

forestg Well-Known Member

SQQQ low of the day kissed the bottom of the trend that I mentioned in the post above.... if that bottom trend line holds, the mid line is not till $23 and the top till $27... it's a downtrending channel so some cents down every day...
  3. forestg

No question about it... the SQQQ is back in its channel. It tagged it on the dot and then it took off... next stock the mid line about $23... but the top of the channel is not till 27.75... so ugliness to continue...
  4. forestg

SQQQ mid line has been hit.... we can either retrace or take off for $27. My money is for some retrace so I sold all my SQQQ at 23+

edit: 50% retrace is at around $19.50... that also fills an intraday gap opn at $19.66 from yesterday...
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    stockbutterfly likes this.
  5. 8thdimension

Do you expect the Dow to challenge the 50 day average again and then bounce down to the 200 day average? Or might you expect it to trend along the 50 day for a week or 2 before a head down to the 200 day average?
  6. forestg

Sorry 8th I can't answer as I only track the S&P and NAZ related market indices as the DOW IMO has way too few stock to be meaningful IMO....
  7. forestg

I don't know what SPWR's earnings or guidance will be tomorrow (or what they will say about the trump tariffs) but looking at options and options alone that expire Friday, IMO there is no way that the MM criminals will let 10,208 6.50 puts, 1,340 7.0 puts, and 1,814 7.50 puts expire in the money. By comparison they only have 652 6.50 calls, 510 7.0 calls and 407 7.50 calls. So looking at options and options alone (NOTHING ELSE) I could say that the MMs best incentive is to close SPWR above $7.50 by friday. Let's see if this will end up being correct. (and prove the manipulation that takes place in the stock market). Again, and I want to emphasize, that this prediction is looking at nothing but the Feb 16 expiring put/call options.
  8. stockbutterfly

stockbutterfly Moderator Staff Member

It will be interesting to watch.
  9. stockbutterfly

up 7% today to 7.40, man that was a good call
  10. forestg

What did I tell you... They got their over 7.50+ come hell and high water... manipulation to the Nth degree, both up and down... now look at them manipulate it down tomorrow...
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    stockbutterfly likes this.
  11. forestg

SQQQ bottom of that channel is around 17.8... if we go below that we are back out of the channel.... and if we are back out of the channel, the other possibility would be near double top at $15.55 and then a flush down the toilet....
  12. 8thdimension

The Dow looks to be approaching the 50 Day Moving average of 25.144. If it reacts like in 2015/16, then it should move up and down along the 50 day line for 2 months before a drop back towards the 200 day moving average.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/^DJ...hbWV0ZXJzIjp7ImNoYXJ0TmFtZSI6ImNoYXJ0In19fX0=
    forestg likes this.
  13. stockbutterfly

ArrowHd likes this.
  14. stockbutterfly

15. forestg

When DQ zooms, it really zooms... +15% now....

edit: +18% now... congrats to all the longs... hell of a move...
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018 at 11:35 AM
  16. stockbutterfly

17. forestg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018 at 1:15 PM
  18. singular

singular Active Member

anyone making an earnings trade with FSLR? tomorrow's $67 calls are paying $3.15. That is almost 5% from current price.
  19. singular

singular Active Member

I am highly considering buying 2000 shares at the end of day and immediately selling 20 covered calls at the price right above where it is. They are paying about a $3 premium right now. That would give me a 6k profit if it closes above that price and give me $3 of insurance if it falls. Any thoughts?
  20. singular

singular Active Member

Decided not to pull the trigger. Might be too risky for my taste at the moment. Could be very volatile depending on their results. So I will stay on the sideline for now and wait for an opportunity.

Will probably shoot to the moon - Ha!