1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short-Term trading thread

Discussion in 'Solar' started by Norse, Oct 28, 2013.

1. forestg

forestg Well-Known Member

JKS is a beast... it takes no prisoners... up the most today and is acting very strong... so is it just an act??...
  2. 8thdimension

8thdimension Well-Known Member

Took a small position in a variety of Lithium mining stocks and the ETF LIT. Mining stocks bought early AM are the leaders FMC and SQM and a speculative new entrant in MLNLF. I also bought ALB a few days back. This is my backdoor into solar storage which is set to ramp significantly as well as the general use of Li as the standard for power tools etc. It is not a buy into who will win the battery storage wars rather it is a play into the upstream suppliers. As Elon Must said last year, if they were to build 1/2 a million cars a year, that would require all of the available Lithium on the market.

I might be a year late on entry but there should be continued upside.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/06/elon-musk-tesla-lithium/
  3. singular

singular Active Member

DQ reports tomorrow. I expect them to do well, but they indicated that revenue will be sharply down vs. last quarter due to plant maintenance. What I am looking to take away from their call is their guidance for poly prices moving forward. Are they continuing to rise or have they peaked and stabilized, and do they expect them to fall next quarter (as opposed to what CSIQ believes). If they do indicate poly prices are stable and expected to fall a bit, I think our solars will respond well to that. Otherwise, who knows.
  4. singular

singular Active Member

What is being said to cause DQ to drop? They were up over 10% - now only 2%. Is this a downward head fake. They absolutely crushed it and gave no word to assume a slowdown.
  5. singular

singular Active Member

Just sold half of my JASO shares at 8.15. Wife and I are house hunting. So, need to reduce risk ahead of tomorrow's call. Do not think there is much upside without a major announcement involving buyback, for which I am not holding my breathe. Hope to get a surge before end of day so I can unload the rest. Do not want to be holding tomorrow. Good luck to all.
  6. singular

singular Active Member

Sure appears to be what happened. That was a golden opportunity for people to jump on board. At one point they dropped it down to only up 35 cents. I almost flipped when I saw that.
  7. singular

singular Active Member

Sold the last of my JASO right before close. Just don't want to risk holding into tomorrow. You can thank me if it shoots up higher. I am rooting for you. Just feel better now locking in my profits and will sleep better tonight. Best of luck to all of you.
  8. forestg

With market futures crashing overnight and pre-market me thinks it will take a miracle....
  9. singular

singular Active Member

Massive dumping in JASO this morning. Sorry for you longs out there. Hopefully it recovers soon.
  10. singular

singular Active Member

I think there is a golden opportunity to get in to DQ today. Sure it is at 40 and has a great run, but it is already down 10% from yesterday's high and is going to be trading much higher in the future. It is my top choice in solar land, followed by SEDG.
  11. forestg

It hit 38.52 today... anything below $40 is great buy for Q4 and Q1 or at least poly ASP starts going down...
  12. singular

singular Active Member

I agree, but why is it down 8% today on pretty heavy volume? I am seriously looking at a position, now that I am 100% cash.
  13. forestg

They are shaking the tree? The criminals want cheap shares? Take your pick...
  14. forestg

Regarding JASO... first test is that 50% fib at $6.78.... next is $6.59, a support level on the 1 year uptrend chart, and $6.47 is a pivot... below that is the abyss... I'll be looking to reload tomorrow or friday all the shares I sold in the $8s... good luck...
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 4:24 AM
  15. forestg

Has anyone been paying attention to enphase?? ENPH is up more than 240% from 80c in mid August in only just 3 months...by far the biggest solar winner out there...anyone in ENPH? I only trade it. I bought 50k shares at 80c and like an idiot sold them at 1.60 thinking 100% would be enough... oh well, a profit is a profit nevertheless...
    stockbutterfly likes this.
  16. stockbutterfly

stockbutterfly Moderator Staff Member

I have been on a road trip last 4 days. Wow that was some impressive how DQ did at earnings. Its likely just a corrective wave down after a massive impulsive wave up. I sure missed the boat trying to trade DQ and not hold it when we all knew that poly prices had risen considerably. Singular sure smelled a bad JASO ER... great call.
    singular likes this.
  17. stockbutterfly

stockbutterfly Moderator Staff Member

That Oct 10 call was PURE GENIUS!!!
    singular likes this.
  18. singular

singular Active Member

Thanks. That was one of my better moments - Ha! I am looking to move in considerably to DQ now that I am sitting on all cash. Just trying to figure out when. I absolutely love them as a solar play.
  19. singular

singular Active Member

I think DQ at 40 today is 100% an options thing. Just about all of the call volume and open interest in at the $40 strike. Their is almost no put volume above the $40 strike. So if that translates to anything meaningful, they will keep it right around $40 tomorrow. Just my opinion, but can't think of any other reason why it dropped so much yesterday and is not rebounding today. I will be getting in shortly.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 10:27 AM
  20. forestg

BREAKING... JASO HALTED... agrees to be acquired for $362 million (about $7.6 with 47.57M shares outstanding from Yahoo if that's correct)
    11/17/17 6:27:05 AM MW JA Solar agrees to $362 million going-private transaction with investor consortium

JA Solar Shares To Resume At 9:50 a.m. EST

11/17/17 6:24:24 AM UPDATE: JA Solar Deal Terms: Shares Will Be Cancelled In Exchange For Right To Receive $1.51 In Cash Without Interest, Each ADS For Right To Receive $7.55 In Cash Without Interest
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 6:39 AM