1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short-Term trading thread

Discussion in 'Solar' started by Norse, Oct 28, 2013.

1. forestg

forestg Well-Known Member

2. forestg

So am I to assume that nobody is long or following JKS and have no idea how the EPS estimates have come crashing down in 2017 and 2018? I mean if 48c and 43c comes true in 2017 and 2018 then JKS should be trading at single digits not where it's at. So can someone set me straight why JKS should trade at 3x the PPS of JASO?
  3. forestg

IMO, it will be short term bullish if SPWR can get back and close above $7.... especially considering how oversold it is.... disclaimer I'm long SPWR and added more at the open today... so do your DD...
  4. singular

singular Active Member

Really nice day for JASO on pretty good volume. Looks like the buyers are back after the dip and recovery.
    stockbutterfly likes this.
  5. forestg

I see how the open tomorrow goes (I'm hopping for 7.80 - 8 range) as I might take a few shares off and reload them at 7.50 if they give it. But certainly was a very strong day for JASO while the rest all suck. Especially SPWR. That POS after failing to hold $7 last week (twice) could be heading to a new 52wk low with Q3 earnings and Q4 guidance coming soon. That gap open in the $5s is calling that POS... still long 10K SPWR but I wish I wasn't... however lots of gaps open above current price but I don't see any of them being filled till we put a strong bottom... probably in the $5s...
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 1:55 PM
  6. singular

singular Active Member

What crap. I was excited this morning and then they take pretty much take all of yesterday's jaso gains on 70k shares.
  7. forestg

Looks like the close was the time to sell my shares... oh well... nothing to see here folks... all solars continue being POS stocks...
  8. forestg

JASO volume is non-existent... so is no wonder POS jaso looks dead...
  9. singular

singular Active Member

Yep, very odd that Monday was up big on very strong volume. Yesterday was down big on very low volume, and today there is no volume. What changed in interest from Monday to today? Perhaps no one is interested in selling at this price, but there are no buyers either.
  10. forestg

Donald Trump may be about to end Nafta, plunging the US, Canada and Mexico into uncertainty
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...anada-mexico-trade-about-to-end-a8007446.html
    The Canadian foreign minister, Chrystia Freeland, put it this way: ‘We have seen proposals that would turn back the clock on 23 years of predictability, openness and collaboration under Nafta. This is troubling’

Mnuchin: Pass This Tax Bill or Markets Are Going to Tank

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mnuchin-pass-this-tax-bill-or-markets-are-going-to-tank

The ponzi/pyramid scheme of the US markets in full view... anything to sustain this bubble...
  11. forestg

NASDAQ is crashing overnight... Is this the beginning of the end for the bubble US markets? Keep your eye on the VIX...
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 2:14 AM
  12. 8thdimension

8thdimension Well-Known Member

Good I never liked NAFTA. These trade agreements were basically bad for the U.S. manufacturing. When you have profitable companies and divisions that move to Mexico so they can get cheap labor and cheap rent with little environmental protections, then import their goods into the U.S. selling the to a shell company that then sells in the U.S. at zero profits to avoid taxes is criminal. This is all to maximize corporate profits who have been sitting on them most cash ever and have been the most profitable ever so the executives can reap more bonuses for themselves. Corporations are no dummies. You have people not local to the areas buying companies and making decisions on peoples lively hood that they have no attachment to other than they can make more money off others. And the U.S. also gives tax writeoffs for shuttering the facilities they vacated. When the Dems tried to change this law it got filibustered.

I want the 35% import tariff. It may hurt to roll back the damages that business have pushed for in the U.S. in the name of fair trade. But once that time is done decades from now, we will have more manufacturing jobs and better wages.
  13. 8thdimension

Do you think it is time to take interest in SQQQ?
  14. forestg

...and nobody would be buying our products other than the people here... so US manufacturing would shrink to where it was before NAFTA... plus robotics would have replaced jobs and better wages so those manufacturing jobs you are looking for would have gone to robots. Plus reversing globalization only works if everyone does it.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 8:56 AM
  15. 8thdimension

On a dollar value basis we import $800 Billion more dollars of product than we export. At 40% GM that would be a net gain of 8M jobs at 40K.
  16. forestg

You are not counting the product cost of manufacturing here vs for example Mexico. Product prices will go up.
  17. 8thdimension

You are right, things will cost more. I gave you the disparity betweem export and import as $800B. In fact if manufacturing is brought back, the $2.5Trillion of foreign imports could turn into $3trillion of local manufacturing. If we lost all exports and brought all imports back you could be looking at as much as $3Trillion in domestic GDP due to the higher cost to manufacture if we lost no foreign exports. Thus the job numbers could be 4 times higher and basically wipe out unemployment all together.
  18. forestg

If you gain $3Trillion someone is LOSING $3trillion. And I doubt that will mean good things for those people or that they will be buying expensive american products. And IMO, it will mean less US jobs not more because US manufacturing will contract a year or two after the repatriation. In fact it will probably disrupt the whole global trade almost overnight. So get ready for WWIII...
  19. palmer_md

palmer_md Active Member

I actually did just the opposite. I just opened a position in TQQQ. Just a hunch there will be a big run-up before switching to SQQQ.
  20. forestg

Congrats to DQ holders... up 13% today on expanding poly capacity to 25-30,000MT by 2nd quarter of 2019 with poly cost possibly decreasing to $7.5/kg. This is big news for DQ and shows nice growth. They did what SOL could not.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...silicon-facilities-in-xinjiang-300539585.html

Phase 3B Project is expected to increase the Company's polysilicon annual nameplate capacity from the current 18,000 MT to 25,000 MT. By adopting additional technology improvement and debottlenecking projects, the Company may be able to further increase its capacity to 30,000 MT per annum by the end of 2019.

The Company expects to complete project design and initial preparation works for Phase 3B Project by the end of 2017, complete constructions and installations by the end of 2018, start pilot production in the first half of 2019 and reach full capacity by the end of the second quarter of 2019.

For the Phase 3B Project, the Company plans to adopt new designs, processes, technologies and equipment that would further improve the quality and purity of its polysilicon products. The polysilicon products of the Phase 3B Project are anticipated to reach electronics grade and will be targeting the mono-crystalline wafer and semiconductor markets, which have more stringent requirements on polysilicon quality and purity, and therefore have higher entry barriers. The Company may potentially enjoy higher profit margin if it could successfully access these markets with its differentiated ultra-high purity electronic-grade polysilicon products.

In addition to polysilicon quality upgrading, the Company expects to implement new production processes to improve operational efficiencies, which would further reduce our total production cost. Once Phase 3B Project is ramped up to full production capacity, we anticipate the overall total production cost for our Xinjiang facilities could potentially be decreased to US$7.50 per kilogram, benefiting from better operating leverage, adopting new production processes and equipment with higher efficiencies, and achieving greater economies of scale.