1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal Power (IPWR)

Discussion in 'Member Recommendations' started by vidarslien, Aug 6, 2014.

1. izzyzz

izzyzz New Member

Mercedes Benz Energy is rolling out North American energy storage products in April/May. While they're rumoured to have Eguana inverters inside (EGT has been trumpeting about German Automotive Subsidiary for months now and has reported concrete $$$ for first shipments on last QR), there are multiple lines of products for different markets/applications and IPWR has mentioned shipping prototypes to MBE on last two QR calls. In any case, the entry of another major player into North American market to compete with Tesla should put a spotlight on the entire sector. It's a good development in my books.

http://www.utilitydive.com/news/mer...-to-get-ahead-of-energy-storage-curve/439093/
    vidarslien likes this.
  2. vidarslien

vidarslien Well-Known Member

Hmmm....
    Ideal Power just filed an S-3 with the prospect of selling an aggregate of 12m shares for total proceeds of $35m - a significant raise, not to mention dilution, and especially considering the recent $15m private placement. Very painful raise at these levels, but something must definitely be up.
  3. vidarslien

After more careful reading, it turns out that the S-3 only concerns the recent private placement. However, it shows that while the original placement was for an aggregate $15m, the associated warrants could eventually bring the total proceeds to close to $35m.
  4. vidarslien

5. vidarslien

6. vidarslien

New update (8th May) available for the proposed SGIP projects including projects proposed in the 2017 round.
    Tesla is the largest player by far, with a lot of proposed projects in all the four regions, but with a large amount of residential-scale projects.
    However, in one of the four regions also Ideal Power partners Stem, Sharp, JLM and Lockheed all have quite a few proposals totaling several MWs. Even Ideal Power themselves are listed with one 120 kW project!
    If I get the time, I'll run through the numbers and add them together for each partner. However, Stem has some 15 kW projects and a few larger projects of 350 kW. I doubt they will use Ideal Power converters on those systems.
    It is clear that sonnen is so far only doing residential-scale projects, while Gexpro is not listed with any projects. But maybe Gexpro is not doing projects themselves and that rather some project developers deploy Gexpro's systems?? LG and LG Chem is listed with many projects, but most of them are residential scale.