1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal Power (IPWR)

Discussion in 'Innovative Green Tech' started by vidarslien, Aug 6, 2014.

1. vidarslien

vidarslien Well-Known Member

2. vidarslien

3. vidarslien

4. vidarslien

Hmmmm,
    Ideal Power Founder, former CTO and current Chief Technologist, Bill Alexander, was fired yesterday because he "pledged shares of common stock as collateral for a personal loan in violation of the Company’s insider trading policy and code of conduct.".

So far, the market does not seem to care very much - in fact, the SP is somewhat up at the time of writing this. However, I fear what this might be dragging along - Bill Alexander is the holder of most of Ideal Power's patents, as I understand it, and according to their annual reports, there is an agreement between Ideal Power and mr. Alexander that the company will pay for the exclusive right of those patents. The question then arises: What will happen to the IP? Will there be any legal battles, or will things hum along smoothly. Tomorrow's quarterly CC will be very interesting, but, unfortunately, for the wrong reasons...
  5. vidarslien

Btw., two new patents were granted on October 24th, in addition to the two granted on October 10th.
  6. vidarslien

Another patent on the production of the BTRAN, named "Systems and methods for bidirectional device fabrication", was granted on November 14th. Both Bill Alexander and Richard Blanchard are named as inventors.
  7. vidarslien

SunDial and Stabiliti receives UL 1741SA certification, which is the newest standard for PV inverters
    http://m.nasdaq.com/press-release/i...hieve-ul-1741-sa-certification-20171127-00459

Thus, these inverters can now be installed throughout California.

However, the SP is plunging, probably because Roth Capital, one of the analyst firms that have followed IPWR the longest, cut their PT from $6 to $2 yesterday. Ouch..
  8. vidarslien

9. vidarslien

Some really strong action in the AH after Friday's close, following rumours that Ideal Power will soon announce a partnership with Grid+, which is using blockchain tech to disrupt the power grid.

There has been many stocks exploding recently by announcing that they are about to ride the blockchain wave following bitcoin's parabolic rise. Perhaps this wave will also lift Ideal Power, but I do not really see how this could lift Ideal Power in a sustained way - certainly not in the short term. But if Ideal Power can scale their tech, they could definitely play a role in the decentralization of the grid. But then we are talking years out, not weeks..
    It'll be an interesting opening today and also for the rest of the week.

Happy Christmas, all!
  10. vidarslien

Lockheed Martin to launch a flow battery storage system by year end.
    Ideal power has had some cooperation with Lockheed in the past, but from the very disappointing development at Ideal Power, or lack thereof, over their entire history since their IPO, I won't hold my breath waiting for a PR on a partnership here. But it might at least be a sign that flow batteries are coming in the not too distant future.

edit: Link:
    https://www.energy-storage.news/new...-to-skip-to-the-front-of-the-flow-battery-que