1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ClimateXChange.org raffle - Tesla grand prize

Discussion in 'Off-topic / Suggestions' started by palmer_md, Dec 9, 2015.

1. palmer_md

palmer_md Active Member

In case anyone is interested in winning a Tesla or some other cool electric gadgets, ClimateXChange is having a fundraiser and the grand prize is a nearly fully loaded Tesla (either X or S) and not only do you win the car, but they will pay (in most cases) all the taxes. On top of that they also give you a charge station to install in your garage and pay for an electrician to install it. Pretty much zero cost to be driving electric. I bought a ticket and thought that some others here might be interested as well. The winner must be a US citizen, so its a bummer for many here who are outside the US.

http://climate-xchange.org/tesla-raffle/
    http://gas2.org/2015/09/27/the-perfect-tesla-raffle-will-benefit-climate-xchange/

[​IMG]
    Norse likes this.
  2. palmer_md

palmer_md Active Member

wow, only 11 views and zero responses in 30 hours. I thought this might generate some interest, but then I remembered that about 80% of the folks on this forum are not in the USA, so that is probably the reason for the lack of interest. I must say this is the best raffle I've seen since they also pay for the taxes. Most raffles are not very friendly to the winner and so the winner almost always ends up taking the cash prize instead of the published grand prize, which is always about 50-75% of the value of the published prize (be it a house, car or something similar). This is the first one I've seen that will cover not only the prize but also all the taxes to take possession of the prize. On top of that it is not a base Tesla like all the others I've seen, but a nearly fully loaded one at $103,000.
  3. palmer_md

palmer_md Active Member

Only a few days left to get your tickets. But then again if you don't buy one my odds are going to remain high. They will only sell 2000 tickets and from what I understand there are only 1300 or so sold at this point, so not only is this the best prize I've ever entered, but also the best odds at 1300:1. Heck it's better than that because the other 5 prizes are pretty great as well.
    Norse likes this.
  4. palmer_md

palmer_md Active Member

Climate exchange is raffling off another Tesla, or several if you count the discounts for Teslas in other prizes. Potentially 3 Teslas in new hands at the end of the raffle. Anyhow the carbon pricing awareness is a good cause, and a free Tesla, taxes and all is an awesome prize.

https://climatexchangeraffle.org/

Tickets are on sale now. Drawing is on the 4th of July. Selling tickets was to start on Earth day, but got kicked off a little early.